The deadline for manuscript submissions is SEPTEMBER 30, 2024.
The Journal of Forest Business Research (JFBR) is pleased to announce a forthcoming Special Issue dedicated to advancing the frontiers of forest resource economics, business, and sustainability research. This initiative stems from the IV International Forest Business Conference, which is focused on the evolving challenges and opportunities the forestry sector faces in the 21st century, such as increased globalization of markets, climate change, biodiversity loss, political divisiveness, and expanding inequity. As we navigate the complexities of the modern world, this Special Issue aims to provide a platform for researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to contribute cutting-edge insights into the economics of forestry, timber markets, timberland investments, and forest products trade.
AIM AND SCOPE
The primary objective of this Special Issue is to foster a deeper understanding of the multifaceted aspects of forest resource management, with a focus on economic and business sustainability. By bringing together diverse perspectives, the aim is to bridge gaps in knowledge, identify emerging trends, and propose innovative solutions. Through rigorous scholarly contributions, we seek to advance the discourse on topics such as the financial aspects of forest management and utilization, timber supply and demand dynamics, international trade, forest policy, legal considerations, biomass and bioenergy from wood, and other pressing issues integral to the forest business. Through this Special Issue, we aim to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in forest resource economics, fostering a deeper understanding of the interplay between economic viability and environmental and social sustainability in the forestry sector.
Authors are invited to submit original research articles, reviews, and case studies that align with the themes outlined below. Submissions should adhere to the Journal’s guidelines and will undergo a rigorous peer-review process. The deadline for manuscript submissions is September 30, 2024. To submit papers to this Special Issue click the Submission button on the Journal of Forest Business Research homepage (www.forest-journal.com or direct link HERE), and in step 1, under the Section selection in the dropdown list, select “Special Issue: New Forest Business Frontiers 2024”.
WHAT KIND OF PAPERS ARE WE SOLICITING?
The topics addressed in this Special Issue include, but are not limited to:
• global forest investments
• mobilizing finance for forests, climate and biodiversity conservation
• timberland insurance
• novel technologies and approaches for biodiversity monitoring
• climate- and nature-related disclosures for forestry companies
• improved forest management
• forest carbon offsets and markets
• monetization of ecosystem services
• new technologies in forestry
• forest product markets and trade
• sustainable forest management and investments
• carbon and biodiversity credits in forest investments
• Environmental, social and governance (ESG) and impact investing
• global forest plantation trends
• afforestation, reforestation, forest restoration
• forest carbon standards
• state forest sector development programs
• commercial forestry enterprises
• forest biomass for bioenergy production systems
• LCA for forestry systems
All other relevant subjects for the Journal of Forest Business Research can be explored here:
CONTACT TO GUEST EDITORS
Or for technical questions regarding submissions
Rafal Chudy (email@example.com)
Please feel free to disseminate this announcement to any colleagues who might be interested.
Robert Grala, Mindy Crandall, Austin Himes
The Guest Editors